Talk to Our Scientists
"*" indicates required fields
Protein/Peptide De Novo Sequencing by Mass Spectrometry
De novo sequencing is the process of determining the amino acid sequence of a protein-based directly on the fragment ions detected in the mass spectrometer. Using special algorithms, our analysis software can interpret and assign the sequences without prior database knowledge from the protein. De novo sequencing is often used for biotherapeutics development, bio-similar antibody characterization, or resolving ambiguity from gene sequencing of the monoclonal antibody.
Monoclonal Antibody Sequencing
CovalX antibody sequencing service can determine the amino acid sequence of a full monoclonal antibody based on only the de novo antibody sequencing technology.
Our high-resolution nano-LC coupled with the ultra high-resolution mass spectrometry detection is finely tuned to produce unmatched quality in antibody sequencing. With over 15 years of experience in the field of biotherapeutics, our scientists have access to a full range of the latest mass spectrometry equipment and software, ensuring the fastest and most accurate results for our clients.
How it works
De novo sequencing is the process of determining the amino acid sequence of a protein-based directly on the fragment ions detected in the mass spectrometer. After sample receipt, the material is purified or concentrated as needed. The protein is then digested using up to selected multi-enzymes to ensure the highest possible sequence coverage. The proteins are then introduced into mass spectrometer after nano-flow liquid chromatography separation. Using special algorithms, our analysis software can interpret and assign the amino acid sequences without any prior knowledge from the protein.
- Sample requirements: 100-400 µg of recombinant proteins, purified proteins
- Data turnaround: 3-4 weeks
- Deliverable: The protein sequence
Notable Benefits with CovalX De Novo Services
- Expertise: CovalX has over a decade of experience characterizing biotherapeutics using mass spectrometry.
- Latest Equipment: CovalX utilizes the latest mass spectrometric instrumentation and analysis software available.
- Trusted Company: CovalX has worked with nearly all of the major biopharma companies and specializes with smaller biotech as well.